what’s the difference between neurotoxins and dermal fillers?
Neurotoxins used at LexRx include BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®. At LexRx, neurotoxins are used, as the Nurse Practitioners say, “from the nose up.” Neurotoxins can be used to smooth fine lines caused by expression and dynamic movement, all while enhancing a clients’ natural beauty.
Dermal fillers used at LexRx include all Juvéderm® products and Restylane® products (all of which are hyaluronic acid gels). At LexRx, dermal fillers are used, as the Nurse Practitioners say “from the nose down.” Dermal fillers can be used to smooth lines, improve shadowing, and restore volume to the lower face—all while maintaining a client’s natural beauty.
Which areas of the face are commonly treated with dermal filler?
• Nasolabial folds (smile lines)
• Looking for another area? Schedule a “Fill in the Blank” consultation with the Nurse Practitioners.
which areas of the face are commonly treated with neurotoxins?
• Between the eyebrows (the “11s”)
• Across the forehead (the horizontal forehead lines)
• Crow’s feet (lines that develop around the eyes)
Why do you only offer injectables?
LexRx is a hyper-focused dermatology practice offering expertise in injectables only to ensure the best experience and results in the industry.
LexRx injectors are not “jack of all trade” clinicians—the Nurse Practitioners expertly blend art and science and combine passion and precision to enhance your best features with neurotoxins and dermal fillers.
LexRx strives to be an injectables industry leader, all while elevating the client experience.
How does LexRx differ from my doctor’s office or a MedSpa? +
LexRx is a Nurse Practitioner owned and operated aesthetic injectables practice, offering expertise in neurotoxins and dermal fillers—nothing more, nothing less. With a hyper-focused approach to practice, and curated skincare line, LexRx strives to be an industry leader—all while elevating the client experience. LexRx welcomes all ages and demographics, and truly creates a safe, fun, and inviting injectables practice.
Who will perform the injection procedures at LexRx? +
All injectors at LexRx are Board-Certified Nurse Practitioners with training and expertise from some of the country’s best hospitals.
All Nurse Practitioners at LexRx are certified in injectables through Inject With Lex.
When should I expect to see results from treatment with a neurotoxin? And how long does treatment with a neurotoxin last? +
Depending on the product used, you can expect to see results within 3-5 days, and maximum results will be reached within 10-14 days.
On average, results from neurotoxin treatment last 3-4 months.
What are the pre-treatment instructions for my neurotoxin and dermal filler treatments? +
To reduce the risk of bleeding and bruising, we recommend avoiding the following for two days prior to your treatment:
• Alcoholic beverages
• Vitamin E
• Ginkgo Bioba
If you have a history of oral herpes simplex, you should be pre-treated prior to your dermal filler lip procedure to reduce the risk of outbreak.
What are the post-treatment requirements for neurotoxins? +
It is recommended that you:
• Do not have a facial or back massage within 48 hours after treatment
• Avoid strenuous activity for 4 hours after treatment
• Remain upright for 4 hours
• Avoid tight hats or headbands for 24 hours
• Do not massage or scratch the injection site
• Wash your face gently
• Avoid acupuncture for 1 week
A small percentage of clients get a minor headache following treatment with neurotoxins (this is never a migraine, and never the worst headache of your life—if you developed such symptoms you should seek medical evaluation immediately!)
If you develop a minor headache, you may take Tylenol or NSAIDs as needed per package instructions (if you do not have any contraindications to those medications)
What are the post-treatment requirements for filler? +
• LexRx recommends that you apply ice, 20 minutes on 20 minutes off, for 24-48 hours after treatment (the NPs will send you home with re-usable ice packs!)
• You may apply a warm compress after 24 hours to any areas of bruising
• The NPs at LexRx will provide you with a secret regiment to reduce swelling post-treatment
• Avoid prolonged sun or UV exposure for 2 weeks
• Avoid saunas or steam baths for 2 weeks
• Avoid hot or spicy foods for 24-48 hours
• Gently massage any nodules that appear during the next 24 hours
How long does dermal filler last? +
Depending on which product is used, dermal filler can last between 6-24 months
Are there any “warning signs” I should be aware of post-treatment? +
After treatment with dermal filler, you should contact the NPs right away if you experience unusual bruising in the areas that were not injected, blanching (white-grey hue) in areas that were injected, significant bruising/swelling/pain/fever, or if injection site looks “angry”/hot/tender. Contact the NPs 24/7 if you notice any of these symptoms.
How much do the treatments cost? +
At LexRx, our neurotoxin treatments are priced per treatment area to ensure that our outcomes and results are consistent and honest. Our pricing model also includes a dose-adjustment; we encourage you to come back within two weeks so we can perfect and prolong your result!
At LexRx, dermal filler treatments are priced by area and number of syringes. To learn more about pricing at LexRx, view The LineUp, or email us at Hello@LexRx.co
Is there a loyalty program? +
Yes! LexRx uses neurotoxin and dermal filler products from both Allergan and Galderma. Both pharmaceutical companies offer rewards programs for new and existing clients. Allergan’s program is called Brilliant Distinctions. Galderma’s program is called Aspire. Schedule a consultation with the Nurse Practitioners to learn more about these programs.
Will my face appear “overdone”? +
Certainly not! We do things a bit differently at LexRx. The LexRx team uses an ultra-conservative approach to BOTOX and dermal filler treatments, expertly blending art, science, passion and precision to ensure that we enhance our clients' natural beauty. With our safe, conservative, and evidenced-based practice approach to treatment, you will be left feeling both refreshed and well rested, all without changing your natural look!
Are there any contradictions? +
Contraindications for neurotoxin treatment include:
• An anaphylactic allergy milk (Dysport®)
• An anaphylactic allergy to eggs (BOTOX® Cosmetic)
• Pregnancy or breastfeeding
• History of a neurological disease (such as Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, etc)
• If you have cardiovascular disease, LexRx asks that you please consult with your specialist prior to treatment
Contraindications for dermal filler treatment include:
• Any anaphylactic allergy to lidocaine or hyaluronic acid
• Pregnancy or breastfeeding
• Autoimmune disease
• If you have a history of autoimmune disease, please consult with your specialist prior to treatment
If you take Aspirin, NSAIDs (such as Motrin, Advil, Naproxen, Ibuprofen), or blood thinners please notify your injectors prior to treatment—these are not a contraindication, your NP injector will just want to make note of it
What do you offer for eyelash lengthening solutions? +
The Nurse Practitioners at LexRx offer consultations for two products:
•The prescription LATISSE®
• The LexRx Lash Line (an eyelash lengthening serum that is safe in pregnancy, breastfeeding, and blue eyes!)